A couple of months ago I discovered probably one of my favorite patters of. all. time. I have made a lot of patterns, so it was kind of a big deal for me, and I got slightly obsessed with it.
The Satya Romper by Jennuine Designs.
Reasons why I love it:
1. It is super fun to sew - it takes a bit of time though as there are lots of elastic casings to thread (that is why one should always own a bobkin, it is an amazing tool that literally saves hours of time). But regardless of the length of time this pattern takes (roughly 2 hours start to finish for me) I honestly enjoy every step.
2. The pattern pieces always seem to come together perfectly - which is probably why it is so fun to sew. Frustration free!
3. The fit is spot on. I make the same size as my kids wear in their ready to wear clothing.
4. It is potty friendly. Heidi can get this thing on and off all by herself thanks to the elasticized back and straps. That is a huge win in my book.
5. Pockets. Need I say more?
6. It is sooo dang cute! And we are pining for summer over here, so bring on the rompers!
I have literally made 10 of these. No Joke. I can't believe this is the first one I have shared. I should do a photo shoot of all 10 of them between my girls....but the thought of that many photo shoots kind of makes my head spin. So here is 1/10 (well kind of 2/10 because Avery has a red check one in her size too, twinning!)
I can't believe in just a couple of short months I am going to have THREE girls to sew for. Kind of a sewing mama's dream. Girl clothes are waay more fun that boy clothes, its just a fact. And luckily I have just enough of this red check leftover to make a tiny newborn Satya Romper, I need to get on that!